Friday, July 18, 2008

I See You


I realize that there could be a tad more old fashioned judging over here at Silently Judging, so I'm taking it back to beginning with a little bit of doing what we do best here with the first installment of "I See You." Enjoy.

Wednesday night, I'm enjoying a beverage with a bunch of friends in the backyard of a bar near Irving Place. Backyards at bars means smoking, and the table next to us was full of folks indulging in the habit. I usually can't take it, but the wind was blowing the other way, so I was cool. I noticed, in particular, one of the smokers, a brunette hipster girl, and her weirdly long cigarette. It just looked so out of place with her "look" and her rugged, hipster male friends sucking on "normal" cigarettes. Then I spotted it, and my suspicions were confirmed. On the table in front of her was the box of Capri cigarettes, looking like a box of Tampax or Summer's Eve just hanging out. Who the hell smokes Capri Cigarettes besides old ladies in the bathrooms of hair salons? Where do you even buy Capris? Were they all out of Mistys? Man, Capris make cloves look badass. I felt like laughing at her, and I guess, in my way, I am.

No comments: