Friday, July 25, 2008

Slob(s) of the Week


"Oh, hey, sorry to interrupt you guys--nice tan by the way--but I just have to snap a few pictures for our newspaper, La Repubblica. I think you may be in my shot--I hope you don't mind. I didn't think anyone would be on the beach because of the terrible turn of events. What's going on? You guys didn't see all the commotion over the past hour? The life guards, the children screaming? You were sitting here the whole time, right? Well anyway, four little Roma girls went swimming in the ocean, and unfortunately 2 of the girls drowned. Here they are right in front of you--and in fact here come the guys with their wooden coffins. It's terrible---wait, are you laughing? Oh, coughing. I thought you were one of those Italians that dislike the Roma, or you know, gypsies. Well, anyway, try to have a good rest of the day."  So for your complete lack of compassion that was unfortunately captured on film, you nameless Italian sunbathers have been named the Slobs of the Week.  

No comments: